Much of our work occurs before a shovel even touches the ground. Initial planning and preparation are keys to ensuring high-quality construction that is on time and on budget. Some of the tasks that we accomplish during this important phase include:
• Land analyzation, water and power sources and septic system requirements if applicable.
• Obtaining permits and documents required by governmental authorities, HOA's and your lender.
• Trial budgeting to make sure the plan fits your budget.
• Optimizing you home on the lot including placement, orientation and accommodation of utility services and access.
• Generating a building timetable and initiating tendering process for all building trade elements using our database of trades and services.
Our Building Process
Maas has the capacity to respond quickly to your building needs, Together we will meet your goals and help realize your vision. We have access to new and upscale home site developments, and we can also build on your own lot. You can choose or modify from our existing plans, or we can help you create your own unique design.
We have a proven construction system in place, developed from our years of experience in staying on schedule, controlling costs, and producing high quality homes. Frequent onsite walkthroughs with us during the construction process ensure good communication and your satisfaction. Maas maintains a clean home site throughout the building process to provide a professional working environment for safety, security and cost savings.
1. Do you have Floor Plans I can select from, or can you build me a Custom Home? Actually we can do either. We have a fairly extensive catalog of floor plans to choose from in varying size ranges. Many times we use them as starting points for your ideas and we customize them to suit your needs. Or together we can sit down with our designer and come up with a one of a kind home that truly reflects your style and taste, which can be a truly rewarding experience.
2. Do you have Home-sites available or can you build on My Lot? Again, we can do either. If you already own your lot or if you are not interested in some of the prime lots that we have available, because of our extensive knowledge of the area we can help you avoid pitfalls and make good decisions in finding that perfect lot for the type of home that is uniquely you.
3. What is the time frame to build My Home? A lot depends on the size and complexity of the build and whether there are many changes or selections being made along the way rather than up front. Time of year, weather and the availability of labor and building materials are some of the other factors that come into play. Our standard homes typically take from 6-8 months after the necessary approvals are obtained.
4. How will you update me on the progress of My Home? As a service to our clients we will keep you updated in real time fashion using secure online project management software that allows you make selection decisions, approve change orders, reply to messages, check progress information, review project files, and see the latest pictures and more. Wherever you have Internet access – at home, at work, or on vacation – we keep you informed about your new home.
5. What does it cost to build a New Home? Typically the specifications, finishes and the total square footage are the biggest dictators of cost. How big are the garages, complexity of design, structural engineering requirements, ceiling heights, level of finishes, etc. all play a role in formulating the price of a new home. The majority of the homes we build fall into the $400,000 to $800,000 range, yet we still have home/lot packages under $ 400,000 that offer considerable punch for the dollar. We are truly Value Leaders.
6. Can you help us find a lender? Over the years we have developed working relationships with lenders that are often times able to make loans happen when others can’t. And because of our solid track record and strong financial standing we are already approved as Builders with many of the local and national lenders whereas some of our less stable competitors have become a hindrance to the loan process.
I agree that Maas Construction, Inc. can email and call me in response to my inquiry, as well as with tips and offers for similar services.